Friday, May 16, 2008

Another Project!



The first thing that comes to my mind now that I am looking at these pictures is are we violating some sort of child labor laws? For those of you who know me well you know that I love projects! The latest one was the kitchen countertops. The people who lived here before us had tiled them. Some of you might be wondering what is wrong with that. Well, I'll tell you. They were tiled incorrectly, uneven, a few cracks here and there, and they were floor tiles not countertop tiles. So, another demolition began. Poor Seth! We busted off all of the tiles and removed the old countertops and backsplash. The walls were repaired, sanded and repainted red like the rest of the kitchen. Seth took off the old countertops and my dad helped him install the new ones. They look awesome. Yet again, like the bathroom, I don't have a finished picture. I guess I need to take a picture of both and post them. We still have to redo the kitchen floors and reface and paint the cabinets, but one thing at a time right!? Jacob had a great time again helping his dad. He loved cleaning up the mess. Seth even taught him to say "Mom's mess" as he was cleaning. It was pretty funny. I was worth all of the mess and work. I love my new countertops!!!! Thank-you Seth, your the best!

No comments: