Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Demolition Day!

OK, so we have been talking about redoing the bathrooms, and for those of you who know me well you know that these sorts of things take planning out as to the exacts and a specific time line. The OCD inside of me really shines through. My husband, however, thinks very differently than I do. Go figure! He decided a few weekends ago that he was bored. BORED!!! How can you be bored with a 2-year-old and a newborn. Anyway, demolition began. First he refaced the bathroom cabinets and I repainted them. It's pretty amazing how awesome they look. Next thing I know he is removing the toilet and placing it in the front yard. I told him that I felt sure it was against the rules of the neighborhood association to have a toilet in your front yard, but that didn't stop him.
Next came beating up the old tiles. I wish I had a picture of the first night. We both just sat and looked at the floor and thought "What in the world have we done?" However, after much hard work he and Jacob had the floor all clean and ready for the next step.
Jacob was well prepared for the occasion just in case of flying debris.
Now came the time to screw in the plywood and backer board for the new tiles.
I think this piece needs a little more cutting Dad! Now if I only had a picture of the finished product. It looks great and was only a mess for about a week. Seth still has to put in the new baseboards, but other than that it is all done. I love it! When do we start on our bathroom?

1 comment:

Katie Brown said...

Hurry up and take a picture of the finished product! I want to see your cabinets! The toilet pic is hilarious!